Wednesday, August 19

Pottery Bard Disaster

Usually, I would not be one to put those two concepts in the same sentence. I heart PB. But, PB, you have failed me. Granted, I'm not placing total blame on you. Some of it was my fault. But some of it was your fault, too.

Quiz: After reviewing the photos, please answer the following questions.

1. What's wrong with this photo?
a) two different color threads were used.
b) different stitching is overlapping.
c) All of the above.




2. What's wrong with this photo?
a) two different color threads were used.
b) why are your sheets so wrinkly, annie?
c) why are only your initials on the sheets? doesn't Dave sleep here too?
d) All of the above.


If you answered "All of the above" for each question, you get a gold star. Indeed, the thread color does not match, Dave's pillow cases' monograms are overlapped onto the design-stitching of the sheets - only accentuating that the two thread colors are different. Additionally, I didn't think that the sheets would be monogrammed (stupid me) and so yes, those are MY sheets, not dave's. poor dave. Also, i didn't realize the monogramming would be in a box. Uck. I also managed to choose the ONLY monogram that the middle letter isn't bigger... so now I'm Ann Wrigley Saunders and Dave is David Wrigley Jordan. So Smart. So that's how this is my fault.

However, this is how it is Pottery Barn's fault: First, monogramming available, but not in the same thread color?? Really? I chose the only blue on the list, believing that pottery barn is higher than not offering thread colors... Silly me. Second, Dave's monogram is poorly done. Period. It's just bad. Overlapping? Really? I checked to make sure the extra pillow cases I ordered were the same size that came with the sheet set, and yes, yes they are. Their fault.

So my first monogramming experience is a debacle. My first personal Pottery Barn experience is also a debacle. To add to this, monogrammed items cannot be returned or exchanged. Perfect.

3 comments:

Amy said...

That is awful that your first experience with PB was not pleasant! :(

I guess you can fix the problem by ripping the stitched? But that would a) take a lot of time and b) leave you with no monogramming

jenny/mom said...

Annie,
Check and see if they will accept returned for DEFECTIVE monogramming. That part is their fault!

Samantha said...

Aw! I'm sorry-that stinks!
I agree with Jenny-they should take it back if part of it is their fault.