I have a "telent." It might be hereditary, on my mom's side, because my younger sister also has this talent. Our cookies - 90% of the time - come out flat. My nephews won't eat cookies I bake because they're flat. My older sister claims it's because i bake the dough right away, insisting i should leave it out for tasting, which in turn allows the baking soda etc to mix together. Well, Diane, you may be on to something....After NOT baking the dough right away, my cookies came out like this:

Cakey. Not perfect, but not flat.
2 comments:
Your sister is a genius! I'll have to try that, too. Cookies made with real butter also seem to go flat more than those made with margarine or:::shuddering::: vegetable shortening.
Great! I tried my first batch in NM in 1980 and they were horribly flat...thought it was the altitude (5000 feet) and didn't try another for, oh, 30 years almost....I will remember this tip. Thanks, Walthall gals!
Post a Comment