Here's a photo of a house I looked at.
The Realtor from Century 21 picked me up at the Navy Lodge an drove me to three houses. Unfortunately neither of them were within walking distance of a train station. And for me, that's a big deal; if i want to travel a lot - which I do - being within distance of at least one train station is a must have. But this house was the only one worth sharing. It was pretty cute - until all the other houses around it were the same bright BLUE or YELLOW (which happen to be Navy colors, and also happen to be Golden Dragon colors...) The interior was pretty dated. Weird- that the balcony looked into the courtyard (other houses) instead of the rare agricultural patch in the back....
So we are back to the drawing board. We are having dinner at the Oliver's (sponsors) tonight. The unit next to them will be available in April, and I really liked their house. And as I mentioned to my mom, real estate here is very differently run than in the US. Basically, if we tell the current occupants that we will rent after them, we are golden - the house won't even go "on the market," unless we decide to decline it. Also, there are no leases - I asked the Realtor - "until you want to leave, some 3 months some stay 3 years." Inconceivable in the US!
In other news today, Dave is wearing his Blue-Angel-Blue flight suit today. Just like a fraternity, they have special uniforms to wear on certain days of the week. Fridays are blue flight suits, mondays are a special patch. They have to have the sqadron coin on them at all times.... Just wait till I tell you about the Dining-Out rules later on.... The Navy is 100% a government endorsed Fraternity.
1 comment:
Good luck on finding the right place....you are way more ambitious than I would be! Hope you find just the right place!
Post a Comment