
One of my favorites from the Ansel Adams "Masterworks" exhibit at PFAC.

On Saturday, Dave and I drove up to Newport News - about a 40 minute haul up I-64 - and visited the Peninsula Fine Arts Center, or PFAC. It is a combination of the Mariners' Museum, Ferguson Center for the Arts, and the PFAC Center. Currently displayed are the Masterworks of Ansel Adams. Selected by Ansel Adams himself, these 48 images are his self-proclaimed masterpieces. The artwork pictured were some of my favorites. It was especially neat to see this collection for two reasons. 1) Ansel Adams is one of Scott's favorite artists. 2) A lot of the photographs were taken in Sequoia and Yosemite National Parks; when we move to Lemoore, CA, in 10 months we will be 2 hours from both.
3 comments:
Absolutely beautiful.
When I checked out Lemoore on the map, I discovered the location was great for some wonderful trips....!
I favor Ansel Adams' NM work, especially the famous photo of the little adobe church in Hernandez. It's on the road to Ghost Ranch.
You pegged me right. I just put up my official Ansel Adams 2009 calendar in my office and am enjoying it. I have always enjoyed his photos and have even more appreciation since Diane has gotten the photo bug. I'm kind of partial to his Range of Light series which I think was more Yosemite and North West. talk at you later.
Post a Comment