It's as if God told Mother Nature that it must be Autumn starting October 1 (which also coincides with the new fiscal year). After literally 6 months of nothing but "hot and sunny" in the forecast, we finally have some variations! On cue, October 1, there were clouds in the sky. I couldn't figure out what felt different about the day until I realized there were these weird fluffy white things in the sky: CLOUDS. Oh clouds! I haven't seen you for so long!! There were so many days over the spring and summer that I just wanted to sit and mope and demanded that the weather reflect my moods. It's a lot harder to be depressed when it's bright and sunny out.
So every day - ok say it's been 4 days - since Oct 1 there has been real weather: A chance of showers, a chance of thunderstorms, the unexpected shower, clouds. It's great. You don't realize how much you miss the variations until you no longer have them.
Our leaves haven't changed color. I doubt they will. Our green-leafed trees just don't seem too healthy; the leaves have been brown around the edges since July. I credit the extreme heat for that.
Whenever I go to someone's house who's been married longer than I have, I am always envious of their seasonal decorations. It takes so long to build up that stock-pile. Well, I've added to mine. Last week my friend, Rachel, and I went to Color Me Mine, a paint-it-yourself ceramic shop.
 |
| BEFORE |
 |
| AFTER |
 |
Rachel and I with our pumpkins.
|
So there you have it. Some homemade decor. It's about the only halloween decor I have. But I'm sure time and children will grow my collection.
2 comments:
Agreed about the decorations! I love paint it yourself type places. If you make it back out here at some point, can we go do that?
Buy some candy corn and you are good to go! Nice pumpkin, great idea...I like adding a bit to decorations every year anyway (Christmas is my favorite) and find ways to commemorate each year/location where we have lived/phases of my life that way. Have fun! Hope you get a bunch of trick-or-treaters!
Post a Comment