Thursday, June 3

Sunset Wine Club

For Christmas last year, Dave's parents gave us a subscription to Sunset Magazine . Taking advantage of the $19.95 (+shipping) new member offer, I joined - with the intention of immediately canceling - the wine club. 

There's what I got for my $40. 2007 Brook's Riesling from the Willamette Valley, 2005 "*%#&@!" Twisted Oak Calaveras County red wine - considered to be "this year's Rhone-style wine...[with] blueberry and plum flavors;" AND the Vinturi Aerator. There are a few reasons why I'll be canceling, however.
1) I'm pregnant.
2) The regular price is $35/month plus $20 shipping - so almost $60/month really.
3) You have to be home to sign for the delivery since it's alcohol. As it is, it took 3 attempts for delivery this time.... So that's annoying.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"clubs" are usually a waste of money. too many strings attached. that is what i have learned from "Book Clubs" and "CD Clubs".. the intros are great but then... it does not end well.

Julie in Alaska said...

Consider it a lesson...one that someone can drink, anyway! (I do know the Willamette valley in OR and they do produce some pretty good wines....)

Lori said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lori said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.