Tuesday, October 6

An Update

1. On Sunday Dave left for Fall cruise, aka Part 2 of the 2009 deployment schedule. It's not as long this time, but is never fun.

2. We are in TCORR 2 - extreme wind is expected within the next 12 hours due to Typhoon Melor. Although it will probably end up being another blustery Winnie-the-Pooh type day, all base activities will be closed tomorrow, school is cancelled, and it will be rainy and windy.

3. I now have a pretty full teaching schedule and will have to give it up in 3 weeks. Awesome. I've got at least one class every day - except Friday. Unfortunately, we're scheduled to be leaving soon, so I'm already looking for someone to take over the classes. Lame.

4. Still no letter telling us we can move. Quadruple Lame.

5. On Sunday I ordered eight Jane-Austen films. I could really use them tonight and tomorrow since I can't do anything tomorrow!

6. I've bought a plane ticket to visit my sister in Germany! Exciting! I'll be there November 3-18. While it will be fun sharing Scott's birthday, it will be sad that I'm missing Dave's birthday and our wedding anniversary. I'm beginning to think it was quite amazing that Dave made it to our wedding in the first place.... Dave and Scott share the same birthday, though different years.

7. It's officially fall. I wore my first fall sweater today.

8. Today I received "gomensai" money. Last week I went to meet my conversation student, as scheduled. Except he didn't show. I called him at 12:15 - 15 minutes after our scheduled meeting time - and he was sleeping and very confused. So this week he kept apologizing and saying how ashamed he was. At the end of our lesson he insisted on paying me for last week. I let him pay me for last week in the hopes that I won't have to keep hearing about how sorry he is! (Gomenasai means Sorry.)

9. I disliked the movie "Ghosts of Girlfriends Past."

10. I accidently saw Glen Beck's "interview" with Michael Moore today and it made my brain hurt.

2 comments:

Julie in Alaska said...

Wow, so much going on! the eight Jane Austen movies and excellent idea? You must love Being Jane Austen (is that the correct title?) with Anne Hathaway. I love that one....

Julie in Alaska said...

Someday I will learn to proof my comments......sorry, teacher!