Sunday, Dave and I went to church and then a lunch at the pastor's house and then the beach with the Conklins! Maya's just at the perfect cute age, and she's really well behaved, which is always encouraging. Burying Maya in the sand was Tom's - her dad - idea of playing with her, boys will be boys and never grow up. Dave and Tom made a mote so the water wouldn't reach us. The waves were extreme due to hurricane Bertha - or whomever. It was nice to spend time with Tom since he's been away on work-ups as long as we've been here, only home about a week a month. Katie - I see her about once a week - usually to pick berries, hah.
I'll be babysitting Maya a lot this month - which will be good since energy bills are highest in the summer.
Dave is getting ready for a two week detachment to El Centro, CA, his favorite place, to practice dropping bombs. He's really looking forward to it. He's got 25 flights to do in 21 days though so we'll see how it goes. Basically he's been bored for ten days and now he'll be crazy busy for the next 2 weeks...
The boy-ohs building the mot at the beach. Dave made all the sandcastles in the foreground, not Maya, by the way.
Maya finger painting. I limited her to only two colors and she chose pink and blue, which i thought was interesting. I tried to teach her pink and blue make purple.
A close up of the picture. I really like it. It is better than most of the modern art dave and i saw at the national gallery of art in the modern art wing! In college, my freshman year, i had pictures painted by Tristan and Connor hanging in my dormroom as decorations. :)
This is our macaroni art project. Maya didn't really get it until post glue drying. (But then again, they have absolutely no point, so that might be why she didnt understand the project, too. )
1 comment:
You've got to love a little red-head, don't you???? She's a cutie!
Post a Comment