Monday, June 9

Almost gainfully employed

I start my quasi job this afternoon. A friend of ours from church, Katie - who taught me how to make jam - is having some problems with her regular babysitter. So this week I'm going to watch Maya from 3pm-10pm on Monday and Wednesday this week. And if things work out well for everyone, it could become permanent for the rest of the summer, and into the Fall. Katie's finishing her Master's degree in psychology at Old Dominion University. After Maya goes to bed, I can use the time to study for the GREs (yuck). Since Katie's husband is at Oceana too, she's super understanding about spending time with him when he's not working, so she said I can have Dave over for dinner and such. So that'll be nice.

Also, I was out grilling at our communal grills, when the guy who's apartment is right in front of the grill started chatting me up and asked what I do. I said I am babysitting for a friend. That launched him "OHhhhh My son's gonna be here for 6 weeks this summer and I really need a babysitter!" So I may be babysitting for him 2-3x week.

So that's what's going on with the job front.

Also, Saturday was Sliderboo's one year adoption day! We adopted him one year and 2 days ago! :) Happy adoption day, Booface!

2 comments:

Annalisa said...

Good luck with the kid-sitting, and happy adoptiversary to Sliderboo. (Yeah, that's right: adoptiversary. You know it's an awesome word.)

Anonymous said...

Hope you survived the babysitting this week! They tell me it's easier if they are your own children. What do you think? Is that really true? Aunt. J.