Sunday, May 4

Leavin' on a Jet plane

Well, i'm all checked in for my flight tomorrow morning! It's scary how much you can do online nowadays. I know I've probably over packed but it's better to feel prepared. This will be the first time I'm traveling internationally all by myself.

This past weekend Dave and I drove up to Arlington for my Dad's birthday. We had an excellent dinner with my dad and my mom at the Melting Pot followed by Irish coffee out on the deck. Slider had his first sleep over - Doolin was very upset his playmate didn't come. Slider stayed at Greg and Becca's. Apparently he was a pretty good house guest. On Saturday Dave and I drove down to Richmond to go to the Richmond NASCAR race. We had a really good time tailgating and grilling out. Matt Dominick even brought his entire grill and made kabobs and grilled corn on the cob. It was all very white-trash-chic and delicious. The race itself was interesting...for the first 50 laps.. I think Dave and I would have enjoyed it more if it'd only been 200 laps instead of 400. And then the group we were with stayed in the parking lot to wait for traffic to die down until 145am! Ugh. We drove back to VA Beach that night and didn't get home till 430am. Oiy.

Dave's sad i'm leaving for two weeks. But he will get to bond with the cat and dog. :) I didn't even go grocery shopping before I left so it should be interesting for dave. But he'll be fine. :)

More from Germany later!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a good time in Germany with everyone! Aunt J.