Monday, June 1

Please move your car, here's a gift.

Gift giving is BIG in Japan. Today, my landlord knocked on the door. She handed me a paper on which she'd asked her English teacher to help her properly compose a letter. "

Wrigley Family,

Would you do me a favor?
On June 3rd our gardener will plant a tree next to Casa Jardin (C). So, his big car will pass this parking lot.
Would you move your car in from of the door on that day?
I'm sorry to trouble you. (whited out exclamation point)
Thank you very much.

Iijima Family


Too cute. She also brought be a box of "Japanese sweets" from Machida. But as I've mentioned before, a gift isn't a gift unless it's properly wrapped. I referenced the scene from Love Actually.



Isn't that nice?!

Also, I finally put up some of the Ikea sticker's I bought a while back. They're in our entry way, since it's so bare in there.



Spiffy. We'll see if the stickers stay up during the pending rainy season's humidity. Speaking of rainy season, the rice paddies are out! We've gotten a lot of rain recently and now the fields are flooded to grow the rice. Exciting.

2 comments:

Annalisa said...

That's so cute. What kind of goodies did they give you?

Your stickers are awesome. I saw something similar on Etsy that looked cool, but I've been afraid to try them out. We do have a huge blank space on the wall behind the couch, so who knows? Maybe you have inspired me to give 'em another look.

Annie said...

they are awesome, super easy to put up and I looove them.