A severe wind storm breezed through Olive Branch, MS early this morning (late in the evening for those on Eastern Time). The Wrigley's home was hit pretty badly, but Tom and Samantha's was left untouched (which is good, since they have two wee ones!). Most roads are closed due to debris, power is out city-wide. Even local tv stations aren't broadcasting - woah! The Wrigley's will need a new roof (at least in part) and new carpeting, who knows what else. Sam's already put in a claim with USAA but its difficult being 8 time zones away.
We're anxiously awaiting Tom's cellphone pictures.
Also, Willow, Emily's cat, was readily found, but Lucy, Dave's 18 year old feline, has yet to surface.... Could this be the end of Lucy!? (This cat has been "on the way out" for as long as I've known Dave.)
2 comments:
I'm so sorry to hear that. I'm thinking of Dave's family, and I hope the necessary repairs are accomplished speedily and with a minimum of hassle.
What a disaster! So sorry to hear they were so hard hit! How can we all help?
Post a Comment