Saturday, June 6

Booface's "Birthday"

Two years ago, on June 7, 2007, Dave and I left the apartment in very early. We drove 3 hours to Austin, Tx, found an obscure park. At this park, Austin Boxer Rescue was holding an Adoption Day. There were about 10 different boxers there, all needing homes.

That was the morning we met Drake. He was a little underweight and his coat was pretty raggedy. But he was brindle, male, and had floppy ears. We decided he was the dog for us. It was 2:28pm.





Booface, last Adoption Day. Since we don't know Slider's real birthday, only that it's sometime in January, 2006, we celebrate the day he joined our family: his Adoption Day.

Even though we aren't with Sliderboo this year, we still made cupcakes to celebrate his adoption day.

2 comments:

Julie in AK said...

I keep saying, that dog's got soul.
I'm glad you all found each other!

Annalisa said...

Aww, I miss Sliderboo, too. I get the biggest grin on my face when I think about him chasing the laser pointer back at Hunter's Cove.