Thursday, May 7

Military Spouse Appreciation Day

May 8th is National Military Spouse Appreciation Day.

Military Spouse Appreciation Day

Additionally, I came across this article - Thanks Kelly and Annalisa. We are all getting ready for the guys to leave - the Big D. For most, if not all, of my friends here, this is our first deployment. I know it's imminent approach is affecting all of us. I know for me, I'll break down after Dave leaves - gotta put on the happy strong face while he's here, right? Like Kelly, we've been filling out "Just In Case" paperwork - who to notify and how, etc.... Not really uplifting things. This article makes an interesting point: As military spouses, we are constantly aware of death, or at the very least the potential death - it's no longer "unexpected," it's rather expected. Everyday Dave comes home from flying is a friggin' miracle. (So morbid, I know)... But for everyone else, it will always be an "unexpected death."

3 comments:

Annalisa said...

I do not look forward to filling out the pre-deployment paperwork when the time comes (you know, if M's class ever gets to fly and eventually leave the FRS behind). I'm thinking of you!

Diane said...

Military spouses are such an amazing breed! The trials and tribulations and endurance turn them into an incredible, fine-tuned and truly aware minority of our culture. Underappreciated in most cases, most often humble and helpful, the situations which bind them together shape them into something new all together. You will never look at a military spouse the same way again, if you realized in depth, the life they lead. I am so proud of you Ann, for your journey to become one!

Julie in Alaska said...

Well, said, Diane! We are in awe of you, Ann and Dave. And I do pray for you both daily. Now, double-daily!