Wednesday, May 20

It's Official.

Dave's on deployment. Boo. While I am "used" to him leaving for a few weeks at a time, I am *not* used to having no animals to keep me company! The house is SUPER quite without the clicking of little(big) dog toes, and the random scurrying of cat paws. No one to wake me up and ask to be fed or taken out also means I can sleep till noon (bad). I've been trying to keep my days structure. So far I'm on day two. Yesterday I did nothing. Nothing. I had dinner at my neighbor's and watched a chick flick. Today, I was up at 745am to go to base for Body Pump. Oh man, that kicked my butt! I'll be sore for days, I'm sure. I'm going grocery shopping today, and if I can find some fresh sage, I will attempt to make ravioli from scratch (!). Cooking keeps me busy, but it's not as gratifying when I'm only cooking for one.

The good news is that Dave will be home for a few days in June, so this won't be that long without him. Also, he has very regular access to email, so i can get updates. I'm sure once things get in gear he won't be able to email me more than once a day, but right now I'm enjoying 2-3 emails a day.

In other news, I am highly annoyed with Shutterfly. I ordered a "brag book" of the animals, and a customized calender with all my photos. I placed the order April 20. Via online tracking, I know the order made it to New Jersey (??) on April 27. Just in case you didn't know, today is May 21. Where is this stuff!?!? My 12-month calender is May 09 to May 10.... I'm already going to miss the first month :( So I'm getting highly irritated. Blah!

3 comments:

Julie in Ak said...

So how long is this deployment to be?

I can't imagine how lonely it must feel to be there without Dave and without your furry pals! Ugh. Good idea to keep on the move, keep busy, keep going, keep upbeat (yeah, right!) You'll figure it out...if it gets really bad, find someone who really needs your help!

Annalisa said...

Oooh, ravioli. That freezes well, so you could save some for when Dave is home for a few days June. I know what you mean about it not being super-inspiring cooking just for yourself, but it might be more fun if you're thinking about saving some for when you see your husband again.

Samantha Wrigley said...

Annie,
You have been on my mind a lot lately. I am praying hard for you :). I hope the time passes quickly! I know it must be especially hard without Slider or Mav there.
Love you!