Tuesday, May 26

A Message from Dave

A message from Dave.

Hey boo.

I had flight deck integrity watch (underway) this morning. I had to walk around in khaki’s on the flight deck at 0630 inspecting chains and aircraft to make sure that everything was in order. It was raining, so I got a little wet, and I got relieved early by the Flight Deck Officer, which was nice. However, at 0830 I got woken up by Crusty in my room saying that there had been an issue with a FLIR on an aircraft that had fallen off due to bad bolts. I had to get dress real quick, and he brought me to the CAG to explain why I wasn’t on the flight deck standing my watch, because the FLIR was lost, and it’s an expensive piece of equipment, and we had to submit a Class B report about it. So I was a little nervous. I was basically sweating bullets while the guy in charge of the air wing questioned my ability as an officer, pilot, and watchstander. After the questioning by CAG, Crusty hurried us to the ready room where everyone was busy putting together the message, figuring out exactly how much the FLIR costs, and giving me (and tyler who was supposed to relieve me) dirty looks. Finally, Crusty stands us up in front of the Skipper who looks at us and informs us…..that there is no such thing as Flight Deck Integrity Watch (underway), and we were yet again victims of a new guy prank. The CAG came down to the ready room and laughed and thanked us for being such good sports about it all. I was merely relieved that I would still make O-3. Afterwards I watched two of my guys go to Captain’s Mast. So that’s my morning. How has yours been? Love you.

Dave

3 comments:

Annalisa said...

Aww, poor Dave! I hope he's at least working up some good ideas for a little turnabout someday in the misty, no-longer-a-new-guy future.

jenny said...

He's just lucky he didn't have to change his shorts after that one!

Julie in AK said...

Someday he won't be the new guy anymore....someday.......whew!