Thursday, May 21
My Two Classes
I have picked up two English classes here. The first one isn't my style: as much fun as younger kids are, I need a little higher brain capabilities to make it wholly gratifying for me. My first class is split in two parts: first, 2 8-yr olds (boy and girl), second, 5 students 10-11 (2 girls, 3 boys). My 8 yr old girl won't even recognize letters! AH! Meanwhile, her classmate, the 8 yr-old boy, speaks fluent English and speaks English at home. Oiy. All he wants to do is talk about High School Musical. Then one of my 11 yr old boys would rather bash his head against a wall than learn anything from me. So that's fun. I want to teach them about verbs and nouns and direct objects..... but i have to teach them the vocabulary first. I have hopes for my older class that it will become more fun for me. The second class I picked up is a 33yr old man- we meet at Starbucks and talk for an hour. I'm looking forward to this as a good way to learn more about Japanese culture. The first class pays $80 and the second pays $20. On Monday I am subbing for a class - I get $100 for 3 hours! Woot!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds like you have a very heterogeneous group of English-learners to work with. Best of luck!! I'm glad that you are finding some work, especially to help pay for the fun Ikea furniture ;)
Post a Comment