After today's killer Body Pump, wherein I did a shoulder-lift exercise with 5lbs on each arm and decided I should not use 5lb free weights ever again - we had a big Ikea trip planned. Obviously, I only went for curtains and clips. So obviously I came back with much more. This new entertainment console could not be passed up - even though I paid more than 120$ for it here... Imagine it in white, and laid out long-ways. The middle rack is perfect for cable box, dvd player, and an Xbox. The top and bottom shelves will have baskets to hide things in.
It balances out because I purchased this new guest bed for 40$. Yes, fourty. Amazing. It is a full-double, so Jenny and Sam beware. But the upcoming matress will more than make up for it's small size.
Our group was large, and I think we will all agree not to travel to Ikea with six other women anytime in the near future. Just a lot to keep track of, everyone with different needs, and Heather and I purchased a lot of furniture so it becomes more time consuming. We even had an Ikea-freshman with us. Lauren had never been to an Ikea - can you just imagine the overwhelming the came over her? Too much visual stimuli there.
Much thanks to Gizelle, who let me borrow her car to bring my new items home in. And to Kelly and Laura for their patience. And to Heather and Lauren for their help moving my items upstairs - we all know particle board is no feather. And last of all, many thanks to Dave, for in addition to funding this trip, is deployed and therefore had no say on the items or their prices. (But he finds me financially responsible.)
4 comments:
I agree! 6 was a lot, but it was fun!
Oh, Ikea. Mike and I went back in April and came home with side tables, glasses, a mirror, and a tea ball for loose leaf tea. I look forward to pictures of your new acquisitions fully assembled and ensconced in your place. ^_^
I yearn for an Ikea...not here in AK.
yay!!! Thank you for getting a bed! You rock! And thank you Golden Dragon wives for supporting my daughter-in-law. You rock, too!
Post a Comment