Well, it has officially been 7 weeks since we found out we were moving to Japan. Dave left on week 6. I'm still waiting around for paperwork to be processed. I have *finially* completed the overseas medical screening, with much help from Portsmouth, and very little from Oceana. I dropped the animals off in Arlington last weekend. I've completely vacated our apartment. I'm now crashing at my friend, Katie's, house until I leave. It's hard being someone's house guest for an undetermined amount of time, but Katie is so very gracious. I should find out Friday-ish when I'll be leaving the country...
Until then, I'm just waiting.
Dave has made it over fine; he really likes his new squadron-mates. He will soon find out what his job will be for the squadron (in addition to flying, he will have a specific job to preform and have regular work ours of 730am-5pm, with flying in there somewhere). He has secured us an apartment on base and that will be ready to move in to on March 12. We will attend a squadron Dining-Out on March 14 - think cocktail party. He calls me about twice a day, but only for 5mintues at a time. He has a pay-as-you-go cell phone and calls to the US are $1/minute.
All for now, I'm off to Norfolk to have dinner with some friends before(if?) I ship out!
2 comments:
It was really good to see you last night. :-D
Oops, I took your recent email as a sign you had made it overseas...silly me, I need to look at your blog first! Thanks for keeping it going in the midst of everything. Hope you get to leave as planned and are there in time for the event....looking fabulous, no doubt! Sounds like Dave's got things handled on the other end!
Post a Comment