I picked up Slider today. And Mav. After spending 16 days in the kennel, Mav is fat and Slider is 1/4 the dog he used to be. He got sick while at the kennel and was on a diet of rice and chicken broth for 3 days.
Even his tail is tinier! You can see about eleven vertebrae... He's getting three meals a day for three days.
And he is super stinky.
4 comments:
He missed you!
Poor Slider! They're home! It's all riight now!
Bramble used to come back the same way. She would lose so much weight and come back depressed. Got to the point where I couldn't really stand to leave her at a kennel. The last couple of years that she was with us were in Wurzburg and we had the Loders watch her. It worked out much better. Of course, with Blitz now; there is no place in the world he would rather be than the Tierheim.
Oh, that should not happen but it was a long time and it can be hard on them. I also found keeping them at home worked best (with a housesitter) if you can arrange it (I usually could, even with my horses!) Poor Boo!
Post a Comment