While it's not Halloween yet, it's sure been feeling like it's getting close. Dave has carved two pumpkins in three days. The first one is already starting to prune and wrinkle because it was in the 90's over the weekend. The second one may last longer since the temperature seems to finally have made the plunge. It was a crisp 70 and overcast this morning and only a high of 75 today, with a downpour! Rain! Such excitement. I've been keeping umbrella's in my car for months and months and now it might finally be worth it. Anyway, here's what we've been up to.
On Friday night we had a block party. But not our block - no no, not our foreclosed block where our one neighbors that we know are moving to Japan on Saturday - no no Katie's block. I made the fliers though. And I spend almost enough time over there that most people do think I reside at Katie's house. Katie, Joanna and I arranged the block party, making fliers, coming up with ideas, and trying to figure out logistics. It was a big hit - all the neighbors thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread - especially since the military people had organized it. The "regular" residence are jaded to certain houses having different military occupants every 18 months or so. So we carved pumpkins, pulled the grills to the front of the house, had a wing-off, and some games for the kids. Katie and I each made different types buffalo wings- Dave said mine were better, but Tom said Katie's were better; What smart husbands we have.
On Sunday, after a day of chuch, home improvement and rest, we went over to Tom and Katie's for dinner and more pumpkin carving.
 |
| Caleb |
 |
| Katie and I being dorks and taking pictures of each other taking pictures. |
 |
| Dave working on our masterful pumpkin |
 |
| Kate and Maya - not related though they have the same color hair. |
 |
| Dave and I and our dragon pumpkin. It's actualy Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty. No, really, it is. |
 |
| All of our pumpkins throughout the weekend (minus our wrinkling Javelina one). The one Dave made is the DRAGON (duh) on the far right. (Click to enlarge) |
On Wednesday, Katie and I are off with Caleb and Maya to roadtrip to Idaho. We'll be spending about two weeks in the Potato State. We'll be going to a reclusive Catholic Priest's cabin in the woods (abandoned), riding horses, feeding cows, herding cats, shooting pistols, making yummy meals, attending Idaho's Homecoming football game (Go Vandals?) and getting some well earned time away from the Central Valley.
I'm feeling rather guilty. Not that I'll be leaving Dave, no he'll be away in Fallon, NV for several weeks, but rather that I'm abandoning Slider for two whole weeks at the kennel. I know he'll be fine, but he's very much become my little security blanket. There were weeks on end over the summer that I really would take him everywhere, or spend the day with him at Katie's. And he already has abandonment issues since we really did leave him for nine months... And when he gives you that puppy face... :(
1 comment:
Sorry to say but I can't quite make out the dragon in the pumpkin and am wondering if it has more to do with all of the beer bottles on the table than it has to do with my old eyes. Either way; glad to see you are all getting into the spirit of my favorite holiday.
Post a Comment