After the wedding, Lindsay and I met Mary in Emporia and did a switcher-oo. Mary had taken Monday and Tuesday off and we basically just hung out for two days and it was super. We had dinner at a little italian place that had an ahh-mazing crab&artichoke dip in a bread bowl - Dave would have loved it. We did some window shopping and bought some shoes. We spent hours on Skype with the Hamiltons. We made grilled pizzas and watched Date Night. We drank a lot of wine.
Spending the weekend with Mary, again reminded me of what I'm missing being in Hanford. Sure, we've got a slow-paced life here in the Central Valley, but I think I'd rather have HRBTunnel traffic and be driving distance to family.
I told Dave when I came home, that previously I hadn't had a preference to where we are stationed next. (Currently, that may mean nowheresville Nevada.) But now, I have a preference. If things don't work for him to go to Top Gun school, I'd rather be in Virginia Beach, three hours from my sister, three hours from my parents, 12 hours from Dave's parents (still drivable).
2 comments:
I'm with you Annie - I'd gladly trade traffic for a local restaurant serving artichoke/crab dip.
orrr about 9 hours to Knoxville? Pit stop to Mississippi? :)
Post a Comment