A very wonderful thing happened to me today.
My story starts in Australia. I went on a mini shopping spree at Target. I bought shoes! Woot! Today was the first day I wore one of the pairs. I walked up to the train station, and sure enough, 5 minutes into my commute to meet a teacher and plan a summer party for 15 Japanese students, I've got blisters. Really bad blisters. On both feet. Ouch! I get on my first train, thankful to sit. During my transfer in Sagmi-ono, I'm limping along. As I wait for the doors to open, i feel a tap on my shoulder. A Japanese woman smiles and hands me a band-aide. How nice is that? Definitely wouldn't happen in the States.
How is it I climbed Mt. Fuji and didn't get any blisters, and I walk five minutes and get two?
1 comment:
New shoes will get you every time...esp. new shoes from Target?
Post a Comment