Wednesday, February 11

To the Movies... No, let's stay home..

This was originally a response to a friend's recent posting about their experience at the movies. However, I deemed it too lengthy and decided I wanted to share it. (Take note to those overseas and think they are missing anything...)

Why Netflix is 100x Better Than Movie Theaters


We rarely see movies on weekends now a days... We saw Slumdog Millionaire two weeks ago (good movie!), and i was reminded why I don't see movies in theaters anymore!
1) Stank smell
2) Stank smell

3) No AC This is odd; it's usually cold in theaters, but this also accounts for some stank smells.
4) "Those darn kids" Uuugh I'm positive I was not that obnoxious in high school.
5) Constant repetition of words just said on screen. Not everyone will understand this reference. However, I will say in certain demographic areas, the theaters are louder than others because viewers find it necessary to repeat the line just siad on screen. And not whisper it to their friend and laugh,no. Repeat at a loud volume and laugh at a loud volume.
6) The smell of artifical butter. GROSS. Ew. I think i can count the number of time's i've purchased popcorn at theaters: twice. I'm sorry if you really enjoy it, I just don't.
7) People who arrive at 735pm to a 730pm showing, and then make YOU move so they can sit in the best seats. Look. If I'd wanted to sit in those two seats, I would have. So yes, I do mind scooting over a seat so that you and your date can have MY seat. I had built a nest here, my coat was my blanket, my water was posed just so in my cup holder, my husband's arm is in just the right place to attach to. I am very comfortable right here!!!!!!!! But no, you can't say no, and these late comers know it and abuse my planning.
8) Stank smell.

Netflix, however, is now invaluable because I do not have to compromise my comfort to view the movie of my choice. After my most recent theater experience, I vowed to Dave that we will not see movies on weekends (Fri and Sat nights). Weekdays, perhaps. However, there is always a movie I like playing at my convenience waiting for me in my mailbox.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is very clever, Miss Ann.

Love, mmy

Amy said...

Re: #4

I HATE HATE HATE the obnoxious kids in the theatres!!!! The last movie I went to was "Nights in Rodanthe" and the kids were talking the ENTIRE time and it was awful. Totally ruined the entire movie :(

Anonymous said...

Loved Slumdog Millionaire.

love netflix. worth every cent.

love Tivo, too.

Will you two get skype before you move to Atsugi?