So new update.
Dave spoke to his sponsor at his new squardron yesterday. The Golden Dragons will be transitioning to Super Hornets and moving to Lemoore, CA in *December 2009*
So we are pretty bummed we will only get 9 months in Japan, 6 of which Dave will be deployed.
I'm trying to think positive and not dwell, but the Navy makes it easy to be pissed at them. I'm not opposed to going to Lemoore; we'll be close (kinda) to Whidbey, WA, where Jeff is, and we can plan to visit Aunt Julie (March 2010?), visit wine country, ski in Tahoe, etc. Dave's also very excited about his squadron; they sound very excited to be getting him; they think his call sign N.A.P. is histerical (Needs A Personality).
But just when you have settled in and made plans - posted the couch, chair, table on CraigsList - the Navy will change things. I'm really trying to be flexible, but I think I'll be pissed the rest of the day.
2 comments:
Good heavens, I'd be royally pissed. Beyond pissed. Like poisonous, radioactive, Godzilla-destroying-Tokyo (but hopefully not breaking things around the house) pissed. That completely blows.
I really admire your positive thinking and looking at the bright side of being on the West Coast near family and friends (and wine country, lots and lots and lots of time in wine country). You're the kind of person who is going to have a great time no matter where she is. I tell you, though, even the most flexible people in the world can't love getting the rug yanked out from under them, so I don't blame you one bit for being upset at the Navy.
P.S. I hadn't known what Dave's call sign was. Cute. :-)
I know who we are going to visit!!!.. Wine Country, Yosemite, Sequoia and snowboarding... No question.
Sorry to hear about the short PCS to Japan but on that note how often do you get to go to Japan for a 9 month vacation? I, too, am glad you are trying to look on the bright side. One thing you can count on is change, so enjoy the ride. BTW, thanks for the shorts!!
Post a Comment